Become a Matchmaker at Goodwill! You can help someone find their perfect match, whether it is the perfect shirt, a missing dish or the bestseller they always wanted to read!
We accept donations at any of our Goodwill Stores in addition to our Attended and Unattended Donation Centers and numerous Donation Bins. Please keep in mind that only clothing, shoes and books can be put in our Donation Bins.
Want to find out how your donation makes an impact? Click here and enter your donations to see how you are helping people every time you donate!
Donating to Goodwill may also help you when it’s time to do your taxes. For a guide on valuing your charitable donations and information about tax deductions, click here.
Check out this video to find out more about donating to Goodwill!
Donations we accept:
- All Clothing - Men's, Women's, Children's
- Appliances - Small in Working Condition
- All Books, Records/Tapes/CDs, DVDs/VHS
- Bicycles and Toys
- Furniture - Good, Saleable
- Shoes (pairs)
- Vehicles-Cars, Boats, Motorcycles, Motor Homes (call 203-777-2000 ext. 253 for information)
Unfortunately, there are some donations that we cannot accept due to safety concerns. Help us keep unsafe items out of stores by not donating items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards. For more information, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Sorry, but we cannot accept:
- Air Conditioners/Furnaces
- All Large Appliances
- Auto Parts
- Bathroom/Kitchen Fixtures
- Children's Items (highchairs/cribs/car seats/strollers/play pens)
- Older Exercise Equipment
- Flammable Materials/Building Materials
- Furniture that is heavily soiled/broken/ripped
- Guns/Air Guns, Firearms, Ammunition
- Halogen Lamps
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Non-working small appliances
- Opened Games/Puzzles
- Wet or Heavily Soiled Textiles
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide donation pick-up services.